Friday, September 19, 2008

Sunchips is back.

Yep, that is correct.
I received the call this morning. I got it. I got the job.

I'm back in the classroom.

I will be at an Elementary School with Special Ed.

I will be working specifically one on one with a student.

At the moment I'm not sure of the disabilities or age of the child I will be working with.

It's always a challenge stepping into new surroundings and learning about a new student.
So much goes into working with Special Ed.
It's more than just learning their name.
You have to learn each and every thing about them, and their disability.
You study that IEP until you know it from beginning to end.

Not to sound uber cheesy and what not, but It's SO rewarding working with special needs.
I actually prefer it over regular ed.
They are brilliant, disability or not. It's amazing how they connect with you and only you, and know every emotion and feeling without you displaying it. They know.

Heh, Do I sound like I've been doing this for 7 years?

Man, I'm old.

Anyhow, My prayer would be to be able to connect with the student and understand him and his needs. Patience and a lovely work environment. :)

It's time to put my professional pants on.


CHEERS & JEERS:

CHEERS: Hooray for being employed again, after a month of free time.
JEERS: Not having that much free time.

CHEERS: Making monies.
JEERS: James city county not paying as much as Fairfax county. HUGE pay cut.

CHEERS: Chatting with my brother everyday. He's a character, that Paul Sanchez. Cracking jokes, making me laugh. Just like the good 'ol days.
JEERS: Calling me "Yoko" and finds it fitting for my new, short do. Not funny.

CHEERS: The overly friendly Williamsburg community.
JEERS: So friendly, they feel the need to "holler" at me as I walk to my car "Dang, I wanna tap that. Can I tap that? Hey, i'm talking to you"

2 comments:

Erin Ludlow said...

Congrats on the job!! I am loving having my own class - the hugs are amazing.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the job! Sorry to hear about the "overly friendly" folks... Doesn't sound very colonial. :P