Friday, September 5, 2008

Bored/ Boring is no longer in my vocab.

The day has come.
There is no longer a reason for me to be bored.

We'll get back to that...

In other news:

My day was quite nice.

Got up (not early enough for my morning run) and headed over to one of the coffee shops on campus, with Mr.Watson.
Nice place. Though I wish I remembered how to get there.
I'm still learning my way around.

Later on, Travis and I played some basketball...and by "played some bball" I mean
A.) Got the ball stuck and B.) Chased after the ball rolling down the hill into traffic.
We picked THE worst day to play.
It was a scorcher. I could hardly move. My legs are so darn sore from my early morning runs. I jammed my thumb. I...I...I'm going to stop whining.
Next time...NEXT TIME, hopefully we'll have more people to get a real game started.
Any takers?

Those are a few tid-bits of my day.

Now then, back to why I will no longer be bored.

I had an awesome meeting tonight discussing my expectations and my role as a Worship Leader with Relevant.
Talk about A-lot of work.
Work that's totally going to be worth every obstacle to reach and touch others.
There is so much to be done and I can't wait to get started.
I have a list of things to accomplish and books to read in a matter of 2 weeks...and it doesn't end there.
It can be done. It will be done.
It's time for me to invest and pour into my role as a Worship Leader.
Not that I didn't before, but this time I'm dealing with different situations and circumstances.
All good, but very challenging.

Here are some Q's to think about:
How does one reach the "un churched" with worship?
How do you make Worship comfortable for those who are not used to it?
Do you make it into more of a concert feel rather than a Worship service to fit their needs?
How can I change crossed arms into praising hands?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

It's time to get to work.




Cheers & Jeers:

Cheers:
We've had beautiful weather this week (minus todays scorcher)
Jeers: What's this about a hurricane in our neck of the woods? CNU canceled friday's classes and sent the freshman home because of it. Ridic.

Cheers: the evening drives are still glorious.
Jeers: The zombie deer and their glowing eyes still scare me as I drive past them.

Cheers: My brother now has GChat. Such a better way of keeping in touch and talking everyday. Hopefully now he'll sign on to facebook.
Jeers: My mom still has a facebook. Thanks Sak.

Cheers: Getting out in the morning for a run and feeling great.
Jeers: losing the 'great feeling to uncomfortable soreness in the legs...So bad it feels like my muscles are going to rip through my thighs when I walk down the stairs or sit down.

Cheers: Meeting new people and them interested in my nationality.
Jeers: Disappointing new people when they find out i'm not Asian. What's the deal? would I be much cooler if I was?

Cheers: September 3rd marks 2 years of playing guitar. I've been practicing like a mad wo-man.
Jeers: My fingers are seriously disgusting and unattractive. I'll spare you the yuck.

and for my final "Cheer" that does not require a "Jeer"- I found a snow cone stand! HAZAA!

Conclusion: Williamsburg is the Weatherford of VA.

1 comment:

travis said...

thanks for your heart - exciting days ahead