Man,
What a fun, tiring, awkward, weird feeling and Eventful weekend. So many emotions, eh?
Friday morning I headed up to Fairfax for my voice lesson. That went well.
It seems that my voice is getting a tad bit stronger.
I was able to work more on my upper register and sound somewhat decent.
My voice teacher is a pretty rad man. A man who has met and sang with the 2 out of the 3 Tenors (and many more).
We did a lot of talking about opera and how I used to be classically trained.
Since I shared that tid bit, he now wants me to bring in a Soprano Piece.
I'm thinking- Vedrai Carino by W.A. Mozart. (Zerlina's aria from Don Giovanni)
Though it's been a while since i've busted out my operatic pipes, and not to mention my Italian...I think it'll be fun to practice again.
Exercising my upper reg. will definitely be a good move to strengthen my voice. Solid.
Before my lesson and serious birthday party planning. Aaro and I made a special visit to Waples Mill to see my kiddies.
Let me just say that I miss those kids like crazy and to see them happy to see me (and remember me), Made my day. Yeah, it almost made me want my job back...heh. jklol.
And of course it was fab to see the dynamic duo-Ms.Younger & Ms.Vaughn :)
After that, we met up with Christian for some lunch and party planning.
With great success, we planned a superb party for Pauli.
It was nice to be able to do that again and hang out with some people I missed dearly.
Pauli had a great time, and that's what counts.
I made it to Williamsburg in 2 hrs flat (around 12:30am)
I was so sleepy this morning and had a hard time waking up.
It made it easier after reminding myself that I was attending a pretty sweet church and then beach afterwards.
Mmmm, so nice :)
The beach was beautiful and empty. It was such a nice get away to clear your thoughts and talk with God.
I did a lot of thinking and praying while relaxing on my towel.
It was so refreshing and I can't wait to do it again.
All in all, it was an alright weekend.
Even though Friday night was a little off and made me feel a bit uncomfortable, the rest of the weekend made up for it.
P.S. Sorry my blog is a little bland and not in too much detail.
I still have a lot on my mind and very sleepy. Also, I still need to get some reading in before bed.
Usually a couple Cheers & Jeers would end this blog, but not tonight.
Mayhaps i'll pick up on that tomorrow.
Good night.
1 comment:
glad to hear you got some work done on the upper register - I was worried about that :) J/K, you know I love you!!!
Post a Comment