Saturday, September 6, 2008

2am and can't sleep...

It's 2am and I am wide awake...

Well, Friday is over and I am in the early hours of Saturday morning.

I was suppose to go to the Outlets with the W&M girls, but they received an email telling them to stay put as much as possible..due the the hurricane.
It's suppose to hit us today. But i'm not too sure about that.
So, I suppose I can sleep in a bit and then get back to my reading and studying.

Speaking of reading...
I took a tiny break from that yesterday (friday) and did something I never thought i'd do...
I went to the movies by myself. *GASP*
Yep, that is correct. I enjoyed a matinee using my student i.d. (shhhhh) $7.00 FTW!!!

It wasn't so bad. I could probably do it again sometime. Maybe.

After the movie, the weather started to get bad. So I went home and tried to read some more. Instead I found myself starring out the window, watching the rain droplets against the glass in rhythm to Coldplay..
I quickly became lost in my thoughts and began thinking about my friends and how much I missed them.
Not only was I missing my friends, but I was also missing my students from WMES.
It's a little weird not hearing "Ms.Sunchips" on a regular basis.
The good thing about all of this, is that they are all (most all) a phone call or IM away. No biggie. My frown has been turned upside down.
Later on, I enjoyed an evening with Brad, Mindy,Travis and Live music at Aroma's (despite my stomach ache)
It was nice to hear a local musician properly cover a few tunes and not butcher them.
All in all, the company was good, The atmosphere fit accordingly & The music was refreshing.
I survived my first Friday night in Williamsburg :)



Cheers & Jeers:


CHEERS:
I decided I wanted to do something different with my hair and chop it off to my shoulders.

JEERS:
My buddy, (who digs long locks) doesn't think it's a good idea :(
Is it because it'll look bad or because he prefers longer hair in general?

CHEERS: Skype with my pals
JEERS: Silly time differences in the way of us skyping.

CHEERS: Rainy days make the perfect reading weather
JEERS: A little too much rain can drive you crazy

CHEERS: Getting to study the bible inside and out.
JEERS: My eyes are starting to hurt. I need a bigger print bible. I'm talking huge bubble letters.

CHEERS:
For my bed looking beautiful, covered with soooo many decorative pillows.
JEERS: Making my bed every morning. Getting a little tired of each pillow...Heh, YOU can say 'I told you so'

No comments: