I needed to discipline myself and finish my reading for the week.
Not that reading is a chore, it's just that I get distracted easily.
I even told myself that when I finished one section of my studies, I could take a break and go for a Snoooooo cone! Yippee!
So, success. I then drove over to 'Sno to go' and snagged a small cherry sno cone.
Cherry-My all time fave, since forever ago when I told people I was Indian and thought my name was 'Mija' Sanchez.
Man, even as a child I wasn't claiming my roots. (a whole other discussion)
Anyhow, Sno to Go is a joint that EVERYONE raves about. Hence the excitement to try one.
The outcome: A bit overrated. (though I didn't get the ice cream filling that is an option.)
My dreams were shattered.
The burst of cherry flavor I eagerly anticipated, turned into a cough syrup explosion in my ever so sad mouth.
You know the face babies make when you give them something sour? Kind of a disgusted, eye squinting expression?
That was me. I was that baby.
I'll try not to blame one flavor of ruining my 'Sno to Go' experience.
In Todays news:
I finished my reading for the week!
Man, I tell ya...
After reading hours upon hours, non stop, Your eyes get all googly and weird. Not only that, but You yourself go a little crazy.
As soon as I was done, I ran around the house bursting into song and shouting random "I'M DOoooooNE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I NEED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AAAAAUHDLFAJSDHF!!!"
No kidding.
Pardon me while I relive that moment with a huge *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* of relief.
I never thought I could get through the Gospels without including my own soundtrack.
"Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ, Suuuuuuuuper Star" and "Preeeeeepare Ye the way of the Lord" (Godspell).
It's ok, one more week of hanging with Matthew, Mark, Luke & John. I can get through it.
After my outburst of craziness, I decided to go for a drive with the windows down.
The weather was pretty gray, but still a nice coolness/breeze.
I drove down Richmond rd, which is the "mainstreet" for tourists.
As I was driving, I noticed something glorious to my left. That something was calling out to me...
I found the OUTLETS! or The outlets found me! How ever you want to look at it.
I drove around to see what was there.
I didn't plan on shopping by any means, Until...
I saw that Nine West had a huge '50% OFF SALE' sign plastered all over the place.
My weakness. Shoes.
Sooo, I hopped out to take a peak.
Let's just say that I couldn't pass up such a GREAT DEAL on a couple pair of shoes.


No biggie, right? I just have to make some room.
Now it's time to relax, let my brain rest and watch a movie.
CHEERS & JEERS:
CHEERS: 2 new pairs of beautiful shoes that I will wear forever and always.
JEERS: The amount of crap i'm going to get for purchasing 2 pairs, when I just got rid of 20 + something pairs during the move.
CHEERS: Sitting at the kitchen table with your study material and a nice cup of tea, from morning to night.
JEERS: Sitting at the kitchen table from morning to night.
CHEERS: My short hair cuts off minutes from my shower time!
JEERS: It's even harder to fix with the hair straightener. GAH!
CHEERS: Great compliments so far on the new do...even from Mama.
JEERS: I look like a college girl.

JEERS: Sno-to-Go
1 comment:
Love the new shoes! I wouldn't have been able to pass up the sale either. A girl can never have too many shoes.
Post a Comment