Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Old friends, New lives, Marriage and such.



I just heard that one of my friends from back home (tx) is getting married in a few days.
I didn't even know she was engaged!

Ya see, there was a group of girls that I hung out with in high school and pretty much up until I moved to VA.

We were close.
We were in sports together, classes, youth group, musicals and even trouble... but only the good kind.
Most of our mothers taught for the school district and one of our dads happened to be a judge in our hometown. So..only the good kind of trouble (I promise mom)

They were even set to be my brides maids when I was planning a wedding.

I'm just saying, It just makes me sad that we have lost touch over the years and we have missed out on so much in each others lives.
I mean, I can't speak for them (with each other), but I'm totally out of the loop. SO much that facebook has to be the "life updater" to let me know that one of them is engaged or getting married.

I miss them all very much and plan to keep in better touch. In fact, phone dates are already in place.

Heh, it's kind of funny.
I was the first of our group to be engaged (7 yrs ago..wow) and then break the engagement.
And now, they are All or soon to be married.
Now I have ended up to be the last.

But that's ok. It doesn't bother me so much. Being single these days doesn't bother me as much anymore.
I mean, I should be freaking out because of my age....right? heh.

Although, the one thing that DOES bother me is when you haven't seen someone in a long time and one of the first things they ask you is "are you seeing anybody?", "how's the love life?"


I think my response has always been "It's not a priority of mine right now." or "I don't have time"


Lately it seems to be the most popular question. Some one just the other day told me that they were going to find me a "man".
I'm surprised.
It kind of died for a while and now it's back and ready to attack!

Great.

So, what do I say about it now?

Don't get me wrong, If the opportunity ever came up, I would make the time and make it a priority and give it the attention a relationship needed.

But what people don't understand is, it's not my place (or theirs ) to make it happen.
Song of Songs 8:4

It's the same thing I tell my youth and it's the same thing I tell adults.

Go about it the right way.
I've learned Many of lessons and still healing from those lessons too.

There have been interests before. Heck, I was even engaged. But it was not of God's interest, so I had to let go and move on.

Trust me. It's not worth the other route.
Been there, done that, Have the t-shirt...in multiple colors.

All I can say is, God knows.
He knows my heart and my deepest desires.
He and His timing will let me know.

So there. That is my answer to THE Question of the past 2 weeks.



I can be patient....can you?



CHEERS & JEERS!

CHEERS: Enjoying a day at the beach. Beautiful weather, good company and Waves that knocked me over on several occasions. That was fun
JEERS: The waves knocked me around so much, I was sliding around all over the sand and snagged a few "sand burns" Ooouuch.

CHEERS: Starting off my week with a phone call from the school district ready for an interview.
JEERS: Not being able to sleep due to the excitement of a possible job opp.

CHEERS: Being able to share things with friends and knowing that they're going to listen (even if they don't want to)
JEERS: Realizing, after the fact, that there's just some things you don't share. Even if you're dying to get it out of your system.

CHEERS: First time ever going to an interview with tattoo's and nose piercing :)
JEERS: Praying that the spiral part of my nose ring doesn't stick out during the interview.

CHEERS: Spending time with some of my close friends last weekend.
JEERS: losing a few of those friendships a bit at a time.

CHEERS: Finally getting to see Sarah McBalli!
JEERS: Not getting to spend much time with her :(


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Heyyyyyy! I just found out about your blog! Good post, and nice verse reference too! :) How are you liking life in the W-burg area?

am~ said...

You know, even Paul sings the praises of being single (says the married mom of 1). I am so proud of you for your contentment. Stay true, stay strong.

Anonymous said...

I so totally know the feeling!! There was a time when the church was practically ready to plan my wedding... But that fell through. I'm not complaining... I know that God is soveriegn... And God is merciful. I learned so much. However, after that fell through, I was done with that sort of stuff for awhile. The church gossips couldn't figure what went wrong and finally gave up on me... and left me alone. HURRAY.

But... now... three years later... It's starting to wear off.

noooooooooooooooooo. please................. :)

Elizabeth M