Tuesday, September 30, 2008

How long have I been sleeping?!?

Where have I been?

Working and sleeping it seems.

Work is sucking all the energy I have right now.
Hopefully after this week, I'll get back in the swing of things.
So, week 2 and I wouldn't go as far as saying I enjoy my job, but I do enjoy the quick connection I have made with the kids.
Each day I learn something new about them, and I've also quickly picked up the need to knows.
I'm more comfortable with jumping in whenever assistance is needed.
My one on one has been in and out of school for the past 2 weeks, so my days have been kind of slow.
The one thing that speeds up the day is being able to play my guitar for a solid hour.
The kids connect so well with music, it's amazing. Absolutely amazing.
You should see how much it calms them down and how much they LOVE it.
That time of the day is the only time I see them sitting still and quiet...
And for most of them, that's hard. Especially for a long period of time.
Heh, You might as well call me Raffi, cause I've had to switch it up and learn childrens songs.
Ya know, such hits as: The itsy bitsy spider, You are my sunshine, apples and bananas, and my all time fave- The ABC song.
Only the classics.
It's been fun, but man! My fingers are raw. In fact, it hurts to type right now.

I shall continue this tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we were in Guatemala, it was amazing to me how music, especially the guitar, forged bonds between American and children despite the language barrier.

Anonymous said...

Children's songs! YES! Here in Korea they sing this American song called Lemontree or something like that. I don't know it at allll but all the kids sing it. Do you happen to play that song, too?

Ahaha <3 I love you