Ok!
So I am in the middle of week 2 in the burg.
To be quite honest, I never thought I'd end up and out in the country again.
Heh, it's a good thing I own a pair of boots, eh? ;)
Who knows, I might get my accent back!
example: Corn = Coworn
I'm adjusting. S-l-0-w-ly but surely.
Williamsbrug-It's nice. Different. Slow. Old. Quiet. lonely. Country. Friendly. Beautiful.
At the moment i'm unemployed and trying to (cautiously) enjoy the fact.
Though it's terribly hard ...since i've been working since 15 (mom says 14,but i can't remember)
I've been using my time wisely and making the most of it. I have my own little work space in my room. It's very nice.
I even get to work on music for a few hours a day.
You should see my fingers, they are uuuuugly! But hey, they dish up some yummy tunes.
With all that said, I need a job! I'm going a little crazy. Heh.
Hopefully soon I will be with one of the many school districts in the area.
In other news:
The church planning is going really well.
Not a day goes by without one of us meeting someone who is interested in knowing about Relevant and our mission.
I do have to say that, that is one of my favorite times of the day- When I get to tell them why I moved to Williamsburg.
Conversation usually ends well with an exchange of cards, a "Good luck" or "Let's meet for lunch/dinner"
Or..
In my case, today during a pedicure (while arguing if I'm Asian or not)
I mentioned my role with the church and what I do.
This is what I get- "Teach me how to sing and play guitar" (they were serious)
It's all very challenging, exciting and sometimes uncomfortable.
God has to throw a curve ball in there somewhere :)
Also,I've been meeting with some William & Mary students here and there and slowly getting connected with the FCA College team. Pretty solid.
God's been faithful and definitely present through out this journey so far.
He's working and trying to get my attention in so many ways.
"Christina, Open your eyes! Clear your heart and mind and get ready to Dive in!"
It's time to let go and let God.
I live by this: Isaiah 26:8
Next up: Searching for musicians and forming a Worship team.
CHEERS & JEERS:
Cheers: Finally, a Sonic drive-in and a 24hr. Super Wal-mart.
Jeers: They are right next to each other. "Well, since i'm in the area, let me run in real quick. I'm sure i'll find something I need." - No good.
Cheers: The Gillespies and home cooked meals every night. Yummers.
Jeers: I have to learn how to finish an entire meal. For those who know me, this can be a challenge.
Cheers: People wave at you all the time. Whether you're out for a run or driving by. They give a quick nod or a wave hello. It's so nice :)
Jeers: While out for a run or driving by, there's always a flock of geese ready to attack...or poop all over the place.
Cheers: Beautiful nights,Open skies and admiring the millions of stars...Breath taking.
Jeers: Enjoying such beauty on my own. Gah, i'm so emo!
Cheers: Driving on the country roads with the windows down.
Jeers: Deer! Every where! Hanging out on both sides of the road. It's like that one ridiculous scene in 'The Ring 2'
Gotta take it slow on the country roads. Lamesauce.
4 comments:
i'm excited you have a blog, gotta keep updated with my relevant peeps somehow :)
You are now bookmarked here on am's comp! I am excited to follow your adventures and praying that God opens the doors you want to go through.
ps. keep the boots, resist the accent!
your bloggin! love it, and you!
Well said.
Post a Comment