RENT marks a part of my life that I will never forget.
A year ago today we began rehearsals for RENT. A show I had always dreamed of being in. A soundtrack I sang to over and over again, countless times.
I remember walking into our first rehearsal sooo nervous and a little intimidated.
This was my first experience with a top notch, highly acclaimed theater company.
The moment I heard everyone sing, I thought to myself, "what the heck am I doing here? Am I really doing this show? How did I make it?" I mean, After the auditions,all the callbacks and hearing some people sing, I was certain I didn't have a chance.
These people were UNBELIEVABLE. The harmonies were on point and the voices so strong.
I left every rehearsal in awe. I could not believe I was a part of this.
A year later, I can look back and say that this experience was the best experience of my life. A dream come true.
The friendships that we all developed with one another, the connection we had was just priceless.
During the run I found out that my mothers cancer came back for the 3rd time.
I can't even begin to tell you how perfect the timing was for that news. I was surrounded by my cast with unbelievable support, only to find out that majority of my cast mates had experienced the same with their parents. A lot of them even lost their parents to cancer. This broke my heart. All I could think of was, "Wow, these are some strong people."
The night we all opened up about that topic- the connection and the bond became even tighter.
To this day, I'm so thankful that God surrounded me with such a huge support group, a group who finally knew what I was feeling and talking about. A group that I've needed this whole time. Perfect timing. Thanks, God.
This cast was a cast filled with nothing but love. Everyone who saw the show made comments like, "You can tell that you guys really love each another."
It was so evident.
So many hilarious moments and months I spent with this crew and I wouldn never change it for the world.
So, here's to one amazing year with my Kitties. Thank you for being a huge part of my life. Thank you to Mark, Susan and Kurt for giving me such an amazing opportunity.
Without all of you, I would never be the "Blanket" that I am today. HA! ohboy.
I wish I could see all of you in your current successes and share the stage with you once more...a stage in...Ireland *wink*
Let's recap with some photo's, shall we?
In the VERY Beginning: Promotion Shots:

Almost the middle: Seasons of Love:
.jpg)
The Middle:New Years 2010:
Almost the End: Winning at The Helen Hayes Awards:

The End: My Goodbye Party:
No comments:
Post a Comment