"She knows how to make an Entrance!" Says my Uncle Nick.
As some of you may know, I've been having some stomach issues for quite some time now. It wasn't until recently that the pain became insanely worse.
I haven't been able to eat much and when I would eat- it would hurt during or after.
Well, I arrived in Austin, Thursday afternoon in horrible pain.
At first I thought it was just stress, anxiety or home sickness.
As the days went on, the pain was getting out of hand.
It wasn't until today that I gave into my mothers worries and made a trip to the ER.
3 hours later, lab work that showed my liver enzymes were elevated, 1 ultrasound and itchy iv later, Turns out I have Gallstones. Goodbye Gallbladder!
"We're going to need you to stay for a few days and have that Gallbladder removed"
Say whaaaaa? Really? I just got here and already off to a great start!
"Welcome Home, Christina!"
"She really knows how to make an entrance!" Says my uncle.
So, I'm here in my hospital room, in my gorgeous hospital gown and eating jello. I hate jello.
Surgery will happen Monday afternoon and I'll be in the hospital until Tuesday.
Craaaaaaaazy, huh?!?
Well, I'm thankful that I finally know what the issue is and that I'm here with family.
Now that i'm away and I'm sure I will have lots to share- I'll be sure to post often during my Texas Journey.
I love you all soooo much and miss you more than you'll ever know.
Now then. This post wouldn't be complete without CHEERS & JEERS!!
CHEERS: Made it to Texas safe and sound.
JEERS: Cried when I found out I was 2 miles away from the Texas state line.
CHEERS: No one mistakes me for being Asian in TX!!
JEERS: Everyone knows i'm mexican and I've already been asked "Do you speak english?" by some white folks. *ULTIMATE PUNCH TO THE FACE!* idiots.
CHEERS: My mom is awesome at scaring people away
JEERS: She's yelling at the creepy mexican men who stare like it's their job.
"Qué estás mirando?" Yell's the 5 ft, tiny, bald woman. (I love her)
CHEERS: Went to church this morning. It was awesome to hear my brother and sister in law sing.
JEERS: Though the people were nice. I didn't so much dig the church. It made me miss FCC, Pastor Rod and the tight knit, crazy talented musician circle we have. Yeah. I cried (i've got to stop doing that)
1 comment:
Christina,
You are very missed around here. I'm sorry I didn't get to give you a good-bye hug, but know that my family and I are praying for you. Get better soon!
Luz
Post a Comment