Sunday, November 16, 2008

Late 20's.

I'm getting older. It's official- i'm in my late 20's. I can't really believe it. It always seems like a shocker every year, "OMG, I'm soooo old!"
Does it always have the same reaction the older I get?
"Wait til you hit 30" they tell me. Oi! I don't even want to think about that.
The question is, am I content where I am in life? am I happy?
I mean, I'm not married and I don't have any kids, though those are a couple of my desires.
Am I really ok with that?
I think so.
I had the chance for that life 5 years ago and it wasn't right. It wasn't the right person, nor the correct timing.
I'll admit, it's a bit difficult at times when I see friends my age who are just getting married and/or having their first child. Then I think, "That could have been me." I quickly snap out of it, shake my head and erase the thought like an etch-a-sketch.

I can't let my age pressure me. There's no rush.

God is working in me and my life in over time right now. That's my focus. And for that, I am Happy with where He has me right now.

So, here's to the big 2-8. Another year in my walk. Thanking Him for this life so far.

CHEERS!

THEN:

NOW:


















CHEERS & JEERS:

CHEERS: Going back to Fairfax for a few days, for the bday weekend.
JEERS: Feeling a difference in friendships. Close ones. Different vibes.
There's distance in the air and I can not make it leave, and I don't like it one bit.

CHEERS: Getting to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while, at the bday lunch.
JEERS: Not getting a chance to talk with everyone.

CHEERS: Not being alone on my bday. Celebrating with Todd, Matt & Sarah.
JEERS: Birthday on a monday. Lame.

CHEERS: Hanging out with Todd today.
JEERS: Embarrassing myself in conversation. My face is still red.

CHEERS: Worship this morning at Relevant, The people at Relevant, RELEVANT, RELEVANT, RELEVANT!
No JEERS necessary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha! I know! And I'm younger than you... It hit me the other day, "I'm going to be ---!!!" My friend tried to comfort me, "You sure don't look it..." All I could say was, "My mom says I sure don't act it either." ;)

I was supposed to be married with kids right now... heh. God, in His great wisdom, had other plans... I went from wanting to be married to thinking it wasn't for me to realizing that either way it didn't really matter. All that counted was that I would be ok with whichever God had for me. But somedays it's not the easiest thing in the world and you have to die to self all over again...