God's Appointed Time
by Anabel Gillham
"Lord, I want to know Your ways, please. I don't want to be controlled by my emotions, nor by my ignorance. I want to be able to watch—unperturbed—your acts—understand Your ways."
But so often, we want Him to act now—we want to see His acts! We can't understand why He delays, why He allows this to continue, why He allowed it in the first place! "Act, Lord! Act!"
We cannot understand all the ways of the Lord. "For My thoughts are not your thoughts; neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways." That we can accept without fully understanding!
One of those ways is His timing…"God's appointed time"… "The fullness of time…"
"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!" (Hab. 2:3 TLB)
God has heard your prayers. Right now, He is working on all of the minute details. And at the appointed time, you will hear Him say, "All things are now ready." And in His own unfathomable way… it comes to pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment